Sunday, September 19, 2010

The perils of a small business marketing collateral

Things are quite different when you are a small company and you are looking forward to pitch to clients that are quite bigger than any business that you have ever done before. In this post I am going to point out my 3C test that has to be part of your marketing collaterals in order to maximize your efforts

3C stands for the three most important and obvious things that your client wants from you. These are so obvious that one can rather take them for granted and miss the opportunity.

Credibility: Have you done such things before. Whats your track record. Are there any known client stories that you have already worked on.
Competency: Can you do the stuff. Are you comfortable with the required technology
Completeness: Can you provide me solutions for all my needs for present and future. Do you have plans to scale up with my demands of future after I implement your present solutions.

For a small business, one needs to comprehensively answer these 3Cs throughout their communication with the client. i.e through their online presence as well as in their client presentations. Just ask these 3 questions honestly to your self before you get into the market.

1. How am I going to show that I am credible
2. How will my client believe in my competency over others
3. How am I going to show my completeness in terms of providing end to end implementation.

These 3 Cs are a benchmark for you when you plan to meet a new client or make a plan for your future marketing communication. Always make sure that your efforts pass the 3C questionnaire satisfactorily. Spare a thought or two on these obvious factors before every client communication opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Great post Ayush - I would say there could be a 4th and perhaps more subtle C and that is "connection" - people tend to buy from people that they like so - did you make a connection with your client? are they willing to stand up for you over the "safe" choice (usually the big firm in your space)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or rather we can say the 3Cs finally lead you to the 4th C- Connection- And thats when you sell

    Now it seems perfect. Thanks

    ReplyDelete